- There are many prenatal diet recommendations you can follow ranging from Dr. Brewer’s pregnancy diet to the Gestational Diabetic Diet to the Weston A. Price Foundation’s recommendations.
- While I don’t think there is a perfect pregnancy diet for everyone, I do think that all women would benefit from sticking to a diet that’s based on whole foods as much as possible.
- Some moms choose to use the principles of the Whole30 to guide their diet throughout pregnancy, while others enjoy more of a Food Freedom Forever style approach.
- Review the pregnancy diets handout and decide what sounds best to you. Note: the Whole30 inspired pregnancy diet can be very beneficial for those with gestational diabetes.
- Discuss your current diet or any diet changes with your provider and/or dietitian. Unfortunately, your diet often doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves from healthcare providers.
- Keep an open mind about your diet during pregnancy as your preferences may change from trimester to trimester.
Websites and Web Articles
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists: Nutrition During Pregnancy
- USDA Choose My Plate: Mom’s Daily Food Plan
- The Dr. Brewer Pregnancy Diet
- Weston A. Price Foundation
- Weston A. Price Diet for Pregnant and Nursing Mothers
- Colorado Department of Public Health: Gestational Diabetes Nutritional Guidelines