If you’d like to expand your knowledge on certain topics regarding pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, and child development, here are a few great books women in our Whole Mamas community have found helpful. While every baby is going to be different, it’s nice to have an idea about these seasons. Please don’t feel like you need to read all of these. More information isn’t always better when it comes to motherhood. If you trust your gut on most things, you’ll be great.
- Natural Health After Birth: The Complete Guide to Postpartum Wellness
- Healing Your Body Naturally After Childbirth: The New Mom’s Guide to Navigating the Fourth Trimester
- The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions, and Restoring Your Vitality
- Slow Down
For Mama, Postpartum
Here are some of our favorite products that may be beneficial for you to have on hand after baby arrives. This way you can spend more time relaxing and enjoying your new addition instead of running last-minute errands. And don’t worry about forgetting something. Amazon Prime and members of your community can come to the rescue and bring last-minute things while you rest with your baby.
Beauty & Home
Once you have a handle on what you’re putting in your body, it’s a great idea to consider what you’re putting on your body. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and what you put on your skin is absorbed into your bloodstream. Like your diet, you want to choose beauty products that are as close to nature as possible.
For cleaning, we recommend products that use plant and mineral-based ingredients without harsh chemicals.
You’ll want your baby’s car seat installed well ahead of time, and ideally properly inspected once installed. Purchasing a car seat is something you’ll want to research. Some families choose to skip the portable infant car seat and only buy a convertible car seat. Here are the car seats we purchased, along with some other travel essentials we’ve found helpful.
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base
- Britax Boulevard G4 Convertible Car Seat
- Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat
- BOB Stroller
- BOB Stroller Handlebar Console
- BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter
- Brica Baby In-Sight Mirror
- Skip Hop Diaper Bag
- Skip Hop Travel Changing Pad
- Skip Hop Wet/Dry Travel Diaper Bag
Your newborn will typically sleep around 16-17 hours a day. Since they spend so much time sleeping, this may be an area where you decided to splurge. Great options include those that offer organic fabric and are free of flame retardants and other harmful VOCs. You can spend a fortune on a beautiful crib, but you really don’t need to. If your budget is tight, consider purchasing a less expensive crib and investing in an organic mattress and sheets. Regardless of your choice, you’ll want a comfortable place to let your baby rest while you rest.
- Ouef Sparrow Crib
- Ikea Sniglar Crib
- Arms Reach Co-Sleeper
- Baby Bjorn Travel Crib
- Baby Bjorn Organic Sheets for Travel Crib
- Burt’s Bees Baby Organic Crib Sheet
- Naturepedic Organic Crib Mattress
- Naturepedic Organic Crib Pad
- Aden + Anais Organic Blanket
- Love to Dream Swaddle Up
- Miracle Blanket Swaddle
- Dohm Sound Machine
- Philips Avent Soothies pacifier
- Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor
Many babies will sleep best when snuggled up close to mom. Wearing your baby can help you get work done around the house and may be a necessity if you have more than one child. As a bonus, it can even be a strength workout! There are so many options out there for babywearing devices. The best option for you will depend on things like your height, weight, and the size of your baby. See if any of your friends or local shops have carriers you can try out before making a purchase.
Healthkit for Baby
You’ll want to have a mini health kit ready for your little one. Here are a few of the examples of products you’ll want to have handy after baby is born.
There are many great options for bottles and breast pumps, but here are the items we’ve found to be the most helpful. This list includes products for the first few months of infant feeding, along with products that we love for introducing solids.
- Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair
- IKEA Antilop High Chair
- Phil & Teds Portable High Chair
- Chicco Caddy Hook-On Chair
- Green Sprouts Glass Sippy
- Silicone Bib
- EZPZ Silicone Mat (10% off using this link)
- Burp Cloths
- Boon Lawn Counter top Drying Rack and Accessories
- Dr. Brown’s Glass Bottles
- Spectra S2 Breast Pump
- Medela Breast Milk Bag
- Hands-Free Breastpump Bra
- Milkies Milk-Saver Breast Milk Collector
- Haakaa Silicone Manual Breast Pump
- Bamboobies Washable Nursing Pads
There are so many options for diapers. Disposable and cloth both have pros/cons, some mom choose to use more natural diapers and wipes, and all diapers fit slightly different. It’s often a matter of trial and error! Here are a few options for diapers and other diapering products we’ve loved and our community has used.
- Angel Baby Bottom Balm
- Bambo Nature Disposable Diapers
- Honest Company Diapers ($10 off your purchase with this link)
- BumGenius Elemental All in One Cloth Diaper
- BumGenius Diaper Sprayer
- GroVia Cloth Diaper Liners
- Diaper Spray Concentrate
- WaterWipes baby wipes
- Organic Cloth Wipes
- Keekaroo Peanut Changer
- PlanetWise Hanging Wet/Dry Bag
- Molly’s Suds All Natural Laundry Powder
Your baby’s favorite toy is you, so you won’t need a ton of toys. Tummy time is key, so we’ve provided an example of the activity mat we used. We’ve also included a few swings and bouncers as these nice options to soothe your newborn and give you a well-deserved break.