Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
Welcome to the first episode of Whole Mamas podcast (originally Real Food Mamas podcast).
Stephanie brings Melissa Hartwig Urban on the show to introduce Whole Mamas, an online roadmap to help you navigate the journey to motherhood, from a Whole30 perspective. You’ll learn why Melissa decided to offer Whole Mamas to her community, what she’s most excited about, and why we rebranded this podcast! We’ll also discuss common challenges on the journey to motherhood, the broad range of topics Whole Mamas will cover, and why it’s important we invite all mamas/mamas-to-be to the table.
Melissa talks about her pregnancy, labor, and postpartum, something she hasn’t shared publicly. She bravely shares her experience and the difficult feelings along the way. Many of you will resonate with this one and we hope it helps you feel less alone, heard, and understood. You won’t want to miss this episode!
- Why she decided to offer Whole Mamas to her community
- The mission of Whole Mamas
- Her experience during pregnancy and postpartum
- How she navigated an unexpected, very difficult change to her birth plan
- Her experience doing a #breastfeedingWhole30
- How she keeps healthy food on the table, as a busy mom
- How she navigates work, family, and self-care
- Why her morning routine plays such an important role in her life
- What she wishes she could go back and tell herself when she was navigating this journey
- And so much more!
- Whole Mamas
- Healthy Mama, Happy Baby program
- Follow Melissa Hartwig Urban on Instagram
- Follow Whole Mamas on Instagram and on Facebook
- Follow Steph and Elana on Instagram
- Nourish Kids Medicine Kit and Ebook
- Steph’s Healthy Mama, Happy Baby Virtual Pregnancy Handbook
- Dr. Elana’s Medical Center: Nourish Medical Center
This episode's guest
Melissa Hartwig Urban is a Certified Sports Nutritionist who specializes in helping people change their relationship with food and create life-long, healthy habits. She is the co-creator of the original Whole30 program, a four-time New York Times bestselling author (It Starts With Food, The Whole30, Food Freedom Forever, and The Whole30 Cookbook).