Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
In this episode, Stephanie interviews a special guest, Jessie Mundell. Jessie is an expert in prenatal/postnatal fitness and a mama herself. They discuss healing mentally and physically from a home birth turned cesarean, why it’s important to work with a counselor or therapist if you’re still recovering from past birth trauma, smart postpartum training for post-cesarean and vaginal delivery, why pelvic floor physiotherapy is so important, why it’s not “normal” to pee a little when you workout, and so much more. You are going to love this real, raw, and informative interview!
- Jessie’s story + what brought her to the world of prenatal/postnatal fitness.
- Her home birth turned cesarean and the emotional/physical ramifications. How that impacted her mindset/reaction to her second pregnancy.
- Common mistakes women make with postpartum fitness.
- Jessie’s approach to postpartum fitness and how does it differs depending on the type of birth.
- How to know if it’s “too much.”
- What pelvic floor physiotherapists do and why getting checked is important.
This episode's guest
Jessie Mundell (BPHE, MHK) is the owner of JMG Fitness Consulting, a company dedicated to coaching women to improved health. Jessie teaches women how to exercise safely and strongly in pregnancy, and how to regain their core, confidence, and fitness as moms.
Jessie has worked with hundreds of women during and after their pregnancies and is extremely passionate about giving them the care they need. She is focused on effective exercise during pregnancy, rehabilitation of the core and pelvic floor for moms, teaching women how to create exercise effortlessly, and having women feel incredible in their bodies.
She aims to steer the conversation away from the “pre and post-baby body” madness and into a place where women feel supported, encouraged, strong, and confident. For prenatal and postnatal fitness coaching, visit her website. To connect with Jessie, follow her on Instagram and Facebook.