Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
In this episode, we are really excited to share our interview with Chris Kresser who shares his knowledge and wisdom about health and nutrition for moms and babies.
Join us on episode 7 where we interview Chris Kresser, a functional medicine practitioner. We discuss a fascinating theory about why preconception/prenatal health is so important, the best superfoods, supplements, and nutrients before and during pregnancy, the benefits of baby-led weaning versus pureed foods, the controversy regarding introducing allergenic foods early to avoid allergies later in life, and why self-care is so important for moms!
[0:00] Introduction of today’s guest, Chris Kresser
[1:00] Steph’s Updates
[3:24] Aglaée’s updates
[7:15] Chris Kresser’s Bio
[9:08] Why nutrition is important before and during your pregnancy
[11:37] The most important foods/supplements to eat/take during pregnancy
[19:48] Risks/benefits of fish during pregnancy
[21:33] Starting solids: baby-led weaning vs. purees
[24:50] Chris’ thoughts on introducing allergenic foods to avoid allergies later in life
[26:33] Self-care tips for new moms
[28:10] Recommendations for child spacing
[30:00] Info on Chris’ Healthy Baby Code program
[33:25] Steph + Aglaée: How to make liver palatable (recipes, tips/tricks)
[38:33] Steph + Aglaée: Our thoughts on child spacing
[41:09] Steph + Aglaée: Our thoughts on supplementation (favorite products)
- The Health Baby Code Program by Chris Kresser
Stephanie’s favorite supplements:
- Prenatal: Pure Encapsulation’s Nutrient 950 with Vitamin K
- Probiotic: Ther-biotic Complete (for mom) and Ther-biotic Infant Powder (for baby)
- Fish Oil: Nordic Naturals ProOmega
- Magnesium: Thorne Magnesium Citrate
- Vitamin D: Thorne Vitamin D3
- Vitamin B Complex: Thorne Vitamin B Complex #6
- Red Raspberry Tincture: Seroyal/Genestra Raspberry Combination #1
Aglaée’s favorite supplements:
- Thorne Research Basic Prenatal (with folate)
- CanPrev Vitamin D3 & K2 (in coconut oil)
- Nutrasea fish oil
- Nettle tea & red raspberry leaf tea
- Probiotics: Genestra HMF Super Powder
- Probiotics: Prescript Assist
- NFH Magnesium SAP
- Fermented cod liver oil
- My favorite sardines!
- Liver pâté recipe in my book Digestive Health with REAL Food
Interesting links to Chris Kresser’s website:
This episode's guest
Chris Kresser is a practitioner of functional medicine, the creator of ChrisKresser.com, (one of the top 25 natural health sites in the world), and Revolution Health Radio. He is the author of the New York Times best-seller The Paleo Cure (published in hardcover as Your Personal Paleo Code). He is known for his in-depth research uncovering myths and misconceptions in modern medicine and providing natural health solutions with proven results. He lives in Berkeley, CA with his wife and daughter.