Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
Dr. Elana interviews Tonya Rapley of My Fab Finance. Tonya is a money expert with a passion to help women own their power and break the cycle of living paycheck to paycheck so that they can live free and do more of what they love. In addition to being a mom herself, she is also an author of the Amazon best-seller, The Money Manual: A Practical Guide To Help You Succeed on Your Financial Journey AND co-hosts the Color Full Lives Podcast. In today’s interview Dr. Elana and Tonya discuss why it is so important for moms to feel empowered with their financial health, how to overcome financial fears and learn about their money stories, all so they can do more of what they love. Tonya also answers community questions from college savings, to tips on introducing money to your kids, and so much more!
- How financial health benefits overall health
- Why this information is so important for mamas to learn
- Tonya’s approach to financial education
- How to overcome your financial fears
- Learn about your “money story” and why it’s important
- Discover the biggest misconception about managing personal finances
- Take the quiz to learn what your money says about you
- Tonya’s ebook on financially planning for baby
- Connect with Tonya on Instagram
- Listen to Tonya’s Podcast Color Full Lives
- Take the free mini course at Dr. Elana’s Med School for Moms
- Learn more about Whole Mamas Pregnancy Program
- Subscribe to Whole Mamas Weekly Pregnancy Email Series
- Follow Steph and Elana on Instagram
- Whole Mamas Podcast Archive
This episode's guest
Tonya Rapley is the millennial money expert and creator of the award-winning site, My Fab Finance. In 2014 she was deemed the “New Face of Wealth Building” by Black Enterprise Magazine and featured as their cover subject. A millennial herself, Tonya’s mission is to help millennials break the cycle of living paycheck to paycheck so that they can become financially free and do more of what they love. She is the creator of the #BanishTheBalance challenge, a debt elimination challenge that helped over 4,000 participants pay off more than $200,000 of debt in sixty days.
Selected by TV One as a modern-day history maker, Tonya is a full-time entrepreneur and tours the country providing workshops for private and nonprofit clients. Her client list includes Fidelity Investments, Prudential, the National Endowment for Financial Education and FinCon ( the financial bloggers conference). Tonya has spoken at Bloomberg, Essence Fest, Millennial Week, PepsiCo, the Blogging While Brown Conference, BlogHer, Circle of Sisters and a host of colleges and universities.
Tonya’s fierce financial advice has appeared on US New, NY Daily New, Buzz Feed, Essence.com, The Root, Credit.com, Go Banking Rates, Reuters, Refinery29, Centric and several other media outlets.
A career “change-agent” since 2010, Tonya uses her own story and experiences to empower women and girls of all ages with tools to change their lives. Tonya is also the co-founder and CFO of a Chicago based FinTech app, FOAM, that is changing the way students experience and pay for college. She is a Charlotte, North Carolina native and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration from Florida International University and a Masters in Urban Policy Administration from Brooklyn College.