Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
Dr. Elana interviews Dr. Samantha Brody, naturopathic doctor and author of the book Overcoming Overwhelm: Dismantle Your Stress from the Inside Out. Learn why mamas are susceptible to overwhelm and what you can do to overcome stress during challenging times.
- The difference between managing stress and overcoming overwhelm
- How to identify your needs in order to decrease stress and overwhelm
- What you can do to change habits
- How to get through roadblocks
- Why you can’t fail at self care
- Tips to stop feeling like there is always something you should be doing
- How to respectfully stand up to others’ expectations of how you spend our time
- Overcoming Overwhelm: Dismantle Your Stress from the Inside Out
- Values Exercise from Overcoming Overwhelm
Sample Chapter from Overcoming Overwhelm
- Contact Dr. Samantha at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Four Agreements
- The HMHB Weekly Email Series
- Whole Mamas Pregnancy Program
- Nourish Kids Medicine Kit and Ebook
- Dr. Elana’s Medical Center: Nourish Medical Center
- Follow Steph and Elana on Instagram
- Whole Mamas Podcast Archive
This episode's guest
Dr. Samantha Brody is a licensed naturopathic physician and acupuncturist in Portland, Oregon where she has worked with more than 25,000 patients over the last two decades. She now also runs a virtual arm of her business doing coaching and consulting with clients across the globe. Dr Samantha writes for a variety of publications and has been quoted extensively in books and media outlets including the Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, HuffPost, and Shape. Her new book Overcoming Overwhelm: Dismantle Your Stress from the Inside Out is available wherever books are sold. You can find her online at www.DrSamantha.com and on social @drsamanthand.