Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
On today’s episode, Steph interviews Dr. Annie Salsberg, a naturopathic doctor who specializes in pediatric nutrition. There are a lot of different ways to feed your baby and there is no one perfect formula for all babies. On this episode, they decode the ingredients label on your baby formula (protein, carbohydrate and fat sources, micronutrients and any other ‘optional extras’) and answer your questions about goat milk formula.
- Reasons why parents are choosing goat milk formula
- The safety of goat milk formula
- Why infant goat milk formula isn’t sold in the US
- How Kabrita’s formula is inspired by breastmilk
- What to look for on your formula label
- Kabrita’s website
- Blog: Understanding the Fat in Breastmilk
- Follow Kabrita on Instagram
- The HMHB Weekly Email Series
- Healthy Mama, Happy Baby Virtual Pregnancy Program
- Nourish Kids Medicine Kit and Ebook
- Dr. Elana’s Medical Center: Nourish Medical Center
- Follow Steph and Elana on Instagram
- Whole Mamas Podcast Archive
This episode's guest
Dr. Annie Salsberg, ND, is the Director of Content and Medical Marketing at Kabrita USA. Annie has a passion for working with value-based companies. She combines over fifteen years of medical experience with a decade of working in the field of education & training, along with eight years in the Organic/Natural consumer packaged goods industry.
Prior to joining Kabrita USA, she was part time faculty at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and held research positions at several hospitals in Toronto. Annie has been published in print and online publications, and has been featured on radio and television programs as an expert on child nutrition.