Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
Steph and Elana expand on key points that were shared in episode 115 with Dr. Becky Campbell about common thyroid issues for mamas. We discuss how to advocate for yourself by asking the right questions, trusting your gut, and possibly ordering your own labs to review with your healthcare provider. We discuss how to optimize your health if you have a thyroid condition during preconception, pregnancy, and postpartum. We share action items to help you create a solid plan!
- Why it’s important to be your own health advocate
- Why doctors may dismiss the concerns of new moms
- How Dr. Elana navigated preconception, pregnancy, and postpartum with a thyroid condition
- How to order labs if your provider isn’t on board
- Our top 3 action items from this episode
- Download Dr. Campbell’s Ultimate Thyroid Guide
- Dr. Becky Campbell’s website
- Dr. Becky Campbell on IG
- The HMHB Weekly Email Series
- Healthy Mama, Happy Baby Virtual Pregnancy Program
- Nourish Kids Medicine Kit and Ebook
- Dr. Elana’s Medical Center: Nourish Medical Center
- Follow Steph and Elana on Instagram
- Whole Mamas Podcast Archive
This episode's guest
The Whole Mamas podcast is led by Stephanie Greunke, a registered dietitian, and Dr. Elana Roumell, a naturopathic doctor, both trained in functional medicine and passionate about pregnancy, postpartum, and pediatrics. They invite experts on the show, answer burning questions, highlight key points, and make sure you feel empowered to take action. Find Whole Mamas and the Whole Mamas hosts on Instagram @wholemamasclub, @stephgreunke, @drelanaroumell, and at www.wholemamasclub.com.