Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
Stephanie interviews Mike Salguero, the CEO and founder of ButcherBox and SmoothieBox. We explore the differences between grass-fed and conventionally-raised meat, how to make sure you’re getting what you pay for, and how to approach purchasing high-quality meat if you’re on a budget. He shares how he manages life as a thriving business owner while still prioritizing his family, including 3 daughters under the age of 5.
- The ButcherBox story–how it started and how it’s impacted the industry
- Why grass-fed beef is more expensive
- Insights into the meat industry that you haven’t heard elsewhere
- Strategies for families on a budget
- How Mike balances a thriving business and a family
- ButcherBox is offering 2lbs of wild salmon in your first box for free, PLUS $20 off!
- The HMHB Weekly Email Series
- Healthy Mama, Happy Baby Virtual Pregnancy Program
- Nourish Kids Medicine Kit and Ebook
- Dr. Elana’s Medical Center: Nourish Medical Center
- Follow Steph and Elana on Instagram
- Whole Mamas Podcast Archive
This episode's guest
Mike Salguero is CEO and founder of ButcherBox, the first delivery service dedicated to providing 100 percent natural, grass-fed beef, organic chicken and heritage pork to consumers. He is also the CEO of the newly formed SmoothieBox, a delivery service for low sugar, high-protein smoothies.
ButcherBox was launched in September 2015 and today, delivers natural, organic meats directly to consumers’ doors nationwide through a simple monthly subscription service. All ButcherBox products are humanely raised and free of antibiotics, hormones, and GMOs. The mission of the company is to make natural, organic meats available to everyone.