Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
On today’s episode Dr. Elana interviews Dr. Karen Lamb, naturopathic doctor who specializes in working with highly sensitive individuals. We explore what makes a child highly sensitive and what we can do to help them transition through meltdowns and overstimulation. Dr. Lamb helps us understand what impacts our children’s emotional state, and offers us actionable tools to help us work with our kids during these challenging times.
- Identifying what makes a child highly sensitive
- What triggers anger outbursts or meltdowns
- Ways you can help prevent emotional states in your children
- Tools to use during your next child’s struggle
- How as mamas we can tune into our own body and respond and not react
- And more!
- Pura Vida Natural Medicine
- The Highly Sensitive Person Quiz
- Daniel Tiger’s Big Feelings Song (great for helping kids navigate emotion)
- Follow Dr. Lamb on Instagram
- The HMHB Weekly Email Series
- Healthy Mama, Happy Baby Virtual Pregnancy Program
- Nourish Kids Medicine Kit and Ebook
- Dr. Elana’s Medical Center: Nourish Medical Center
- Follow Steph and Elana on Instagram
- Whole Mamas Podcast Archive
This episode's guest
Dr. Lamb’s specialty as a Naturopathic Doctor and Counselor is finding and understanding the root cause of chronic physical and/or psychological diseases. Her practice focuses on supporting the highly sensitive person’s physiological, interpersonal, emotional and energetic needs. As a highly sensitive clinician, Dr. Lamb understands the importance of physical and emotional support to achieve optimal productivity and quality of life. She uses natural, safe and effective treatments to unlock the body’s immense potential for regeneration and healing.