Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
Stephanie interviews the founder of Bonafide Provisions, Sharon Brown, to discuss the healing properties of bone broth. Sharon shares how she used bone broth in combination with the GAPS protocol to help heal her son’s chronic sinus, ear, and respiratory infections. She shares her secrets for how to get broth to “gel,” and how to ensure you pull as many nutrients as possible. She also addresses how much to drink for general health and therapeutic purposes and fun ways to sneak it into your kid’s diet.
- How Sharon discovered bone broth, became a clinical nutritionist specializing in healing the gut and brain, and started her own bone broth company
- Why broth is so healing
- The best way to make broth and common mistakes
- Concerns about heavy metals and histamine
- Fun ways to include broth in your kid’s diet
- Follow Bonafide Provisions on Instagram
- Bonafide Provisions website – use code WHOLEMAMAS to receive 20% off your first order
- Tag @wholemamasclub and @bonafideprovisions with your picture of their broth and its beautiful gel on IG stories or on your feed for a free bag of broth!
- The HMHB Weekly Email Series
- Healthy Mama, Happy Baby Virtual Pregnancy Program
- Nourish Kids Medicine Kit and Ebook
- Dr. Elana’s Medical Center: Nourish Medical Center
- Follow Steph and Elana on Instagram
- Whole Mamas Podcast Archive
This episode's guest
Sharon Brown is the Founder and CEO of Bonafide Provisions. Sharon’s journey in the food business began when she healed her son from chronic health issues using real food and bone broth. This life-changing experience compelled Sharon to become a certified Clinical Nutritionist and open a private practice in Del Mar, California.