Please remember that the views on this podcast and website are not meant to be substituted for medical advice, shouldn’t be used to diagnose, treat or cure any conditions, and are intended for general information purposes only.
Stephanie interviews Dr. Jolene Brighten, Functional Medicine Naturopathic Medical Doctor, to discuss post-birth control syndrome. We explore the pros and cons of birth control, nutrients that are depleted while taking the pill, how to navigate symptoms you may experience, how you can work with your provider, and ultimately how to make the best decision for yourself and your family.
- What happens to your body when you’re on the pill
- How to work with your provider
- Considerations for those looking to conceive
- Impacts on your libido and ways you can get it back
- What you can do right now to take back your health
- Dr. Brighten’s website
- Post-Birth Control Syndrome Awareness Week
- Follow Dr. Brighten on Instagram
- Pre-order Dr. Brighten’s new book, Ditch The Pill
- Healthy Mama, Happy Baby Virtual Pregnancy Program
- Nourish Kids Medicine Kit and Ebook
- Dr. Elana’s Medical Center: Nourish Medical Center
- Follow Steph and Elana on Instagram
- Whole Mamas Podcast Archive
This episode's guest
Dr. Jolene Brighten is a Functional Medicine Naturopathic Medical Doctor and the founder of Rubus Health, a women’s medicine clinic that specializes in women’s hormones. She is recognized as a leading expert in Post-Birth Control Syndrome and the long-term side effects associated with hormonal contraceptives. Dr. Brighten is the author of Ditch the Pill, a 30 day plan to support women on birth control, help them transition off, and eliminate symptoms of post-birth control syndrome. She is a speaker, women’s health advocate and a medical advisor for one of the first data-driven apps to offer women personalized birth control recommendations.