Have you had the experience of going to create your baby registry, standing in the aisle of a big box store, and feeling paralyzed by all of the choices? So have we, and we want to help you out. Welcome to our HMHB Loves series, where we share our recommendations for all baby-related products!
Today our HMHB team—along with friend of the program, Aglaée Jacobs of Radicata Nutrition—is sharing what we used and loved when feeding our babies and toddlers. We’re also sharing the top picks from some of the mamas from our Instagram community.
- I love the EZPZ mats.* They separate food, in case you have a picky eater that refuses to eat foods that touch. The separate compartments remind me of my general rule of including a veggie, starchy veggie or fruit, and protein with each meal. There’s always healthy fat mixed into the meal in at least one of those components. *If you use my affiliate link, you can get 10% off your order!
- Ikea ANTILOP high chair. I really wanted to splurge on the Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair because it’s awesome, but we settled on the less expensive Ikea one which works well for our family. For big messes, I just take it outside and spray it off with the hose.
- Silicon bibs – these are super easy to clean and catch most messes. I usually take my son’s shirt off and put on one of these. For full-coverage, bibs like this one work well.
- Reusable food pouches – this is what I use for my homemade purees. I also have their freezer tray so I can make double batches to save time and money.
- I second Steph on the pouches. Great for on the go, and if you want to create your own purees at home, these reusable animal pouches are fun for storing and can freeze or stay in the fridge.
- I preferred a smaller high chair that connects to any chair, like this one by Fisher Price.
- Too busy to make your own purees? New companies are popping up that are creating healthy, nourishing baby food. Stay tuned for later in the month when we announce a giveaway with Serenity Kids!
- My son loves to help in the kitchen, so it’s fun to have a hand mixer (like this one by Cuisinart) that he can operate.
- I didn’t get into sippy cups, and instead kept small jars around for him to practice drinking from. They can also double as storage containers for homemade purees or condiments.
- We love bento boxes. I have this one by Lunchbot, and we also have another one in the shape of a bus (like this one!) that my son loves when we go on picnics.
Gugu Guru recommends:
Ola Baby Bowl and Spoon: The Olababy SteamBowl is designed to perfectly prepare steamed baby food puree, allowing parents to retain the rich nutrients for a child’s healthy diet. The bowl is made from toxin-free, BPA-free, food-grade silicone that acts as both a steamer and serving bowl, combined into one.
JJ Rabbit Starter Bundle: JJ Rabbit is a design first, eco-conscious, children’s feeding brand. JJ Rabbit, the brainchild of two parents, knows how important meal times are in shaping your little one’s love for food, family time, and memories, so they strive to create fun and functional feeding items which bring joy to mealtime. Their design philosophy is modern, contemporary, and fun. First, the design must be safe and functional. Second, it must excite and inspire kids. Third, it should look great to parents too.
BBox for Kids Smock Bib: Don’t let mealtime be too messy (or ruin all those cute baby clothes) with this bright and cheery smock bib! Unique waterproof design covers all over, including legs when seated. Conveniently tucks away into its own pouch, for storage and travel. Also, great as an art smock! BPA, Phthalates and PVC free.
BBox for Kids Snack Pack: Our team loves these snack containers, and not just for the kids! They hold yogurt cups, cereal, baby food, and even nuts and raisins for mama.
MAM Baby Fun to Drink Cup + MAM Baby Sports Cup: Designed as the final step to drinking from a regular cup, the MAM Fun to Drink Cup includes a spill-free hard spout. The detachable valve allows for a free-flow option or a spill-free option to fit the baby’s drinking needs. The ergonomic shape makes it easy for little hands to hold. All MAM cup parts are interchangeable. The Mam Sports Cup features a spill-free sports spout and detachable valve; the spill-free sports spout is perfect for on-the-go kids.
Silikids – Silispoons and Silibags: Silispoons are perfect for new eaters and little teethers! The silicone spoons are designed for young children starting to eat solid foods. Encourages self feeding and independent eating habits. The textured handle provides added grip and gives tactile experience, while the wide spatula-style head makes it easy to scoop food, keeping more food on the spoon. Also perfect for soothing sore gums and teething. The Silibag is a silicone snack and sandwich bag perfect for replacing disposable bags! Easy to open and close. The Snack Bags can also be written on with washable markers or pens and then easily wipes clean. Easy to clean, dishwasher safe, microwave safe and BPA free.
Mitz Children’s Clothing: Since eating is really all about education, we are big fans of Mitz’ Fruits + Veggies line of clothing. From infant to kiddo, you can use the clothing to teach kids about broccoli, peas, carrots, strawberries, bananas, blueberries and more!
Our mamas recommend:
No surprises here; some products are beloved across the board. Take a look below at what our mamas especially love.
- The EZPZ place mat by far was the top voted must-have item by our mamas.
- Oogaababy was a favorite, too: “For my 2-year-old, I love and regularly use the @oogaababy silicone plates and bowls.” – @simplysharonson
- Our mamas vote for @oxotot utensils as a solid choice, as well.
- Looking for a solution to messy pouches? Mama @thechristinemachine says, “@choomeeinc pouch toppers! These are the best! No squeezing all the veggies out of pouches and making a mess! Also makes the pouch last longer!”
- Top voted cup? The miracle 360 cup.
- According to mama@deetsc0919, “The only cup that I found survives my toddler and does not leak is the playtex sipsters!!! A must have!!”
- A few more favorite brands for cups include @thefirstyears and @thermosbrand
- High chairs…you guessed it! Two favorites from our mamas were the Ikea ANTILOP and the Fisher Price Space Saver.
- For bibs, the favorite was the @bumkinsbaby plastic pocket bibs, but this Ikea smock bib is also a great choice.
- For prepping your own purees try a baby food mill like this one by Munchkin.
Note: Some of the links contained in this website are affiliate links. This means that we may receive a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase from the affiliate. We only recommend products and services that we know or trust to be of high quality, whether an affiliate relationship is in place or not.