Have you had the experience of going to create your baby registry, standing in the aisle of a big box store, and feeling paralyzed by all of the choices? So have we, and we want to help you out. Welcome to our HMHB Loves series, where we share our recommendations for all baby-related products!
Today our HMHB team—co-creators Steph Gruenke and Melissa Hartwig; and Chelsea Long, our HMHB Content Coordinator—is sharing what they used and loved during their pregnancies; and some of the mamas from our Instagram community are sharing their picks, too.
My husband gifted me the Abundance Boxy Bag from Petunia Pickle Bottom as a Mother’s Day gift before my son was born. We liked its size and durability. We wanted to use it as both a diaper bag and as a purse/travel bag for longer day trips. It’s got tons of space, lots of pockets, a built-in changing station, and it offers multiple carrying options. You can turn it into a backpack, throw it on your stroller, or over your shoulder. The backpack option is perfect when you’re trying to wrangle your busy toddler. Oh, and speaking of toddler, it’s super easy to clean, because you KNOW there will be spills. The bag isn’t cheap, but will last us through multiple years and two kids.
Our mamas recommend:
We tallied the votes, and backpack styles top the list for the mamas in our Instagram community —very on trend right now! What can we say, our mamas are a stylish bunch. Here are a few of their faves and why they’re so great:
- “My Vauva is cute and just the perfect size! I get so many compliments on it! I highly recommend it!” – @beccaedginton
- “Love love love my @vauvapack No falling straps, no losing keys or cell phone, no more getting frustrated at my hubby for not being able to find the binky or my chapstick. Best part is I can keep up with my toddler and not worry about the everyday big bulky diaper bag. Oh and did I mention the style?” – @kelsierios
- “I can wear it dressed up or down. There’s enough room for everything I need to carry with me for my 2 kids, even my cloth diapers which take up a ton of space. By far the BEST diaper bag for any parent.” – @rebeccarios114
- “My @vauvapack diaper bag holds everything I need with room to spare. It’s durable as well as stylish. The straps are comfortable and adjust easy. Also holds up in ANY weather – sun, snow, rain!” – @kris10go
- “I wanted a bad that didn’t look ‘diaper-bag-ish’ but rather something that had class/style while also having versatility and comfort. I love that once my kids are older I can still use the bag for work and other actvities! The option of wearing it as a backpack is awesome. I can’t even count the number of compliments I’ve had from mom friends and my friends without kids.” – @leanne_hiebert_arnold
- “They are beautiful and can serve as a purse or diaper bag. I don’t feel frumpy wearing it!It’s also incredibly well made and is made from super soft leather.” – @aleksandrawhiting
- “I recently upgraded to a @lilyjadeco bag and cannot believe how much I can fit in it in an organized and useable way AND how beautiful it is! Love being able to carry a leather bag again and thrilled that it’s easily converted to a backpack.” – @sarahlynton
- “It’s like the pinnacle of diaper bags. It has everything I wanted and more! Would totally recommend. Best part? When you no longer need it as a diaper bag, it’s a stylish backpack with tons of storage!” – @haylchis
- “It has a clamshell design which I really like so I don’t have to unpack EVERYTHING every time I need something.” – @wag_2013
For a backpack style diaper bag that’s a little easier on the wallet, check out the CoolBell Baby Diaper Backpack.