If you’re anything like us, then you know the struggle is real to get a nourishing meal on the table every evening on top of everything else that you have going on throughout your day. It can be maddening when you do manage to pull it off, only to be met by picky kids or a partner who refuses to eat it. To help you try to avoid that frustration, we recently asked our Whole Mamas community on Instagram for their go-to crowd-pleasing meals.
Classic Whole30 Favorites
There are a few tried-and-true Whole30 recipes that are sure to be a hit with your crowd.
- Nom Nom Paleo’s Cracklin’ Chicken. This recipe from Michelle Tam is a longtime Whole30 community favorite. If you haven’t tried it yet, what are you waiting for? We suggest serving it with some roasted broccoli or a simple side salad for a delicious meal. According to @kalisterazzano: “Nom Nom Paleo’s cracklin’ chicken. Hands down best tasting, fastest, cheapest meal ever… EVERYONE loves it when I make it!”
- Shepherd’s Pie. This is another staple that got a shout out from @christ3na_h. There are so many great recipes out there, but we especially like this creative take on it called Jack Pie from Cristina of Castaway Kitchen.
- Meatballs. Especially meatballs from Mel Joulwan of Well Fed. They’re simple, can be served in a variety of ways, and easy for little hands. Make and freeze a big batch of your favorite recipe to make mealtime even easier.
On the Table in 30 Minutes
Looking for quick meal ideas? Slow cookers and pre-made options are a lifesaver for busy mamas.
- “Balsamic Pot Roast is a staple in our house with carrots and potatoes. At the end of a busy day I’m so thankful dinner is done and I didn’t have to spend hours cooking! [email protected] We like this Pot Roast recipe from Epicure Annie.
- Give this recipe for Turmeric and Herb Pulled Beef from Pastured Kitchen a try. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, and if you throw some potatoes and carrots into the slow cooker you’ll have a complete meal.
- “Once a week I snag a Whole30 compliant rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods and I roast a big batch of veggies like sweet potatoes and broccolini. I serve it with garlic aioli (made from Tessemae’s mayo and slow roasted garlic) and Frank’s Red Hot. My 2-year-old loves dipping the veggies in the aioli.” – @tayandcookies
Family Favorites, Whole30 Style
There are certain meals that kids and “big kids” will always cheer about. Here are a few that our mamas especially love:
- “Burgers with broccoli and a big salad and roasted sweet and white potatoes!” – @kowolfej. This recipe from Trina of Paleo Newbie recipe for Beef and Chorizo Sliders on Sweet Potato “Buns” looks incredible.
- “Ground turkey lettuce wraps with homemade guac.” – @wholesouthernmama. Lettuce wraps of any variety are always a good idea, but for a bit of a twist, try these Jicama Street Tacos with Spicy Sausage from Kendra of The Paleo Paparazzi. Of course, you can use mild sausage for little ones that can’t handle spice.
- “Almond chicken! Dip chicken in Trader Joe’s almond meal with various spices and bake at 425!” – From @merrymrsmobley. For a classic take on chicken tenders, check out this recipe from Teri of No Crumbs Left.
What meals do you make that your family loves? Come share with us on Instagram (follow us @Wholemamasclub), and find lots more tips to help you rock your #JanuaryWhole30.